Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Kamal Haasan threatens to leave India

dv


Kamal Haasan addressed the press in reaction to the Tamilnadu government's appeal against Madras High Court verdict that allows the release of the film Viswaropam.

'I want to be a secular man. I have no exclusive associations. I have hurt no one, I have no religion, only humanity,' asserts Kamal.

'My fans include many Muslims. They find nothing wrong in the film. It is running fine in other states. All my property incl this room where this pc is happening is mortgaged to fund the film. I am not blaming one religion. I am fed up. I think Tamil Nadu wants me out. I will leave India if forced to, like MF Hussain. But I will always remain an Indian,' adds the actor, hinting at a political game being played.

It's really sad to know that the state government has prompted an great artiste who's been in business for over 50 years to say 'I'm fed up!' and 'I will leave India'. How would Tamilnadu government react to Kamal's hard-hitting remarks?

No comments:

Post a Comment